Imagine 2018 Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and any other parties at our conference are required to fully abide by the following code of conduct. Organizers will be enforcing this code throughout the entirety of the event and full cooperation is expected from all participants in order to help ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. Failure to abide by the code of conduct will result in removal from the event.
The Short Version:
hackBCA Imagine is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, nationality, or political beliefs. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Explicitly sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers. Words of advice: if your grandmother would disapprove, then don’t do it.
The Long Version:
hackBCA Imagine is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. This code of conduct applies to all conference spaces both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the conference staff.
Some conference spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
Harassment includes any behavior that a reasonable person would find intimidating, hostile or offensive, such as lewd, overtly sexual comments, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Unacceptable behavior includes:
- Any offensive comment related to physical appearance, race, gender, any means of gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, or religion.
- Explicit or sexual images or inappropriate sexual behavior.
- Unwelcome or inappropriate physical contact of any means.
- Threats of violence or harm towards any other individual, including encouraging a person to engage in self-harm.
- Stalking or following.
- Continuation of photography or recording after an individual has said no to being a subject in the aforementioned mediums.
- Sustained disruption of discussion or activity.
Any questions or concerns?
Reach out to us at email@example.com.